Buckinghamshire College Group would like to reassure all staff, students, parents and business partners that it is following the Public Health guidance issued by the Government and its agencies.
Update: 16th August 2021
COVID Safer Learning – Autumn Term
It is my pleasure to welcome you to Buckinghamshire College Group if you are new to the College or back to College if you were here last year. After all the disruption to learning of the last two years, we are hoping that you will enjoy a near normal learning experience at College this year.
In order to do that we need to take our own and each other’s COVID safety seriously and this is why we will be ‘Proceeding with Caution’ in the Autumn Term. What does this mean? We expect everyone to take personal responsibility for COVID safer learning and working. On each classroom and workshop door, you will find a ‘Proceed with Caution’ poster setting out what you need to do. This is also on the student intranet, parent portal and website.
- Please use the one-way system and stay 2m distance where you can
- Please continue to wash and sanitise your hands regularly
- Face coverings are not required in the classroom, unless it is part of a risk assessment
- Face coverings are optional in public College spaces, corridors, learning centres, refectory etc BUT you must carry one with you at all times and you will be expected to wear one in enclosed spaces at times when it is busy or crowded
- Face coverings MUST be worn on College transport
- There are no requirements for you to stay in ‘bubbles’ but we would encourage you, if the weather is nice to spend breaks and lunchtimes outside
- Your classrooms have been set up in rows to allow as much space as possible between students, and students and teachers. Please respect this and stay 2m’s distance from your teacher
- Do not come to College if you have COVID symptoms or a positive test
- You do not need to self-isolate (unless you have symptoms or a positive PCR test) if you are under 18 years and 4 months or fully vaccinated at least 14 days ago and have been contacted as being a close contact of a positive case. You will be advised on taking a PCR test. We will expect you to take daily lateral flow tests, to wear a face covering and limit your contacts during this time
- Please continue to take twice weekly lateral flow tests at home
- We strongly encourage you to take up the COVID vaccination as soon as you are eligible
We are currently working with the NHS and hope to be able to have temporary pop up vaccination clinics at each campus. We will share further details of this when we know.
You will also be invite to attend for two lateral flow tests on-site for the beginning of term and we strongly advise you to attend. Further details will be provided.
All of this has been put in place to support everyone to work and learn safely and keep you on campus without further disruption to your learning. Please help us to do this for everyone’s safety.
I look forward to welcoming you to College in September. If you have any concerns or queries about COVID safer learning, please do contact your tutor or student services.
Principal and Chief Executive
For further information please refer to https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public which is updated daily at 14:00.